Friday, March 16, 2012

When In Worry

Stress is one thing you will never be 100% free from. It can come in so many ways. In small packages, or in big packages. As a student, my stress is probably 70% school. The rest would be friends, boys, family, and preparing for retreat is a big part of it. I found myself needing the Lord yesterday and today. Even though I knew I had Him, always do, I still felt a little empty. I was not putting my entire self into His hands. I knew where to go to change that. I was able to find my release through drinking tea, taking a nap, and going to my friend's show, but that is just me. We all need to lean to someone or somewhere for that extra push. Because we never know who God is talking to us through. Meditation, relaxation, praying, and comfort, are four key elements to the beginning of finding peace in the hard times. We move on to what allows us to be 1000% truly, confidently, ourselves. My way is sitting in my room, with calm music, writing, and maybe even making bracelets or reading. There are so many things we can do to feel better, we just have to let ourselves do them. So what if we're a little late to work or school. Or we didn't get to finish an assignment or clean our house. None of that is greater than taking the time to relax in God's love when we feel lost. The last thing that helped me today was going to one of my trusted adults, to her I can tell anything. I asked for prayers, and for advice. I'd like to share what she gave me.



Verses to Un-Worry
For I know what my plans for you are, plans to save you and not to harm you, plans
to give you a future and to give you hope. (Jeremiah29:11)

Come to me, all you who work hard and who carry heavy burdens and I will refresh
you. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble of
heart; and you will find rest. For my yoke is good and my burden is light.
(Matthew11:28-30)

I have told you all this, so that in me you
may have peace. You will have trouble in the world; but, courage! I have overcome
the world. (John16:33)

If you remain in me and my words in you, you may ask whatever you want and it will
be given to you. (John15:7)

Three times I prayed to the Lord that it leave me, but he answered, "My grace is
enough for you; my great strength is revealed in weakness." Gladly, then,
will I boast of my weakness that the strength of Christ may be mine. (2Corinthians12:8-9)

With God nothing is impossible. (Luke1:37)

Peace be with you; I give you my peace. Not as the world gives peace do I give it to you. Do not be troubled; do not be afraid. (John14:27)

If you remain in me and my words in you, you may ask whatever you want and it will be given to you. (John15:7)

Be still and know that I am God…Psalm 46: 10



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4e87vIRpds&feature=share&fb_source=message