Sunday, April 29, 2012

Catholic Evangelist Richard Lane.

  I met an incredible man last week who changed my life.  His name?  Catholic Evangelist Richard Lane.  Look him up and try sometime to go hear him speak, or watch his videos, you won't regret it.  My church community had the chance to have Richard for a week, giving us a church mission, it was called Mission Possible.  To put a long story short, each day consisted of many lessons.  Some just refreshed your mind, while others...well, they completely slapped you in the face.  He spoke about holding on, and to let only God open the doors to our hearts, and when necessary, close them.  Let Him take control, at every moment.  How Jesus calls us each by name, that each of us have a purpose and we are put in this life to seek that purpose.  How we cannot be afraid to show others our faith, our strength, our love for Jesus, because that is EXACTLY what He calls us to do all over the Bible.  There was so much Richard taught us that I can write about.  But, there was one thing he said to us, that, I always knew, but it never really hit me until he said it how he said it.  "When you are sad, mad, confused...Satan is looking at you saying 'yes, I got another one.'  Deep right? WE MUST GET AWAY FROM THAT.  Jesus gave us the power, the strength, His image to fight evil off just as much as He did and to this very moment is doing.  Paul teaches us in 2 Corinthians 12 "Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hard ships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong."  When we find ourselves coming home, or waking up in a bad mood, when even the smallest thing ticks us off.  When we feel like hiding under the covers for the rest of our lives...Let the teardrops fall, but let them fall to make you stronger.  Defeat the evil, walk away from it.  Pick up your sword, the work of God, your Bible, show the crucifix which clearly depicts the LOVE Jesus had for each and every one of us.  And do not, do not, be afraid to share the truth that you know, with others.


Thank you Richard Lane, you have completely changed my life.